Salt Lake City selects new retail and F&B offerings
Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) has unveiled a varied menu of new restaurants and retail shops for the next phase 2 its ongoing development programme.
The selections for Phase 2 of the New SLC Redevelopment Program are said to provide a snapshot into the area’s local flavour as well as a taste of well-known national brands.
When selecting Phase 2 concessions, the airport notes that it wanted a mix of local, regional and national choices, while taking into consideration pricing, hours of operation and service standards.
When the first phase of The New SLC opened, all concessions began offering street pricing, which is a requirement for Phase 2 as well.
“Passengers have given the Phase 1 concessions four-star reviews,” said Bill Wyatt, executive director, Salt Lake City Department of Airports. “We expect Phase 2 selections to be just as popular.”
The concession operators selected are: HG SLC Retailers JV, HMSHost, Marshall Retail Group, OHM Concession Group, Paradies Lagardère, Millcreek Coffee Roasters, Minute Suites and SLC Hospitality Partners.
Between them, they will introduce/operate the following brands at the new-look Salt Lake City International Airport:
Food & Beverage
– Local coffee companies: Millcreek Coffee Roasters and Hugo Coffee
– Full-service restaurants (with alcohol service): Red Rock Brewery and P.F. Chang’s
– Local quick serve: Blue Iguana, Rockwell’s Ice Cream and Vessel Kitchen
– National quick serve: Auntie Anne’s, Burger King, Jimmy John’s and Wow Bao
– Specialty serve: Protein Bar and Kitchen (healthy protein-filled dishes)
Specialty Retail, News & Gift and Service
– The Atrium, which is a specialty retail concept that features brands such as Build-A-Bear, Brookstone, Herschel Supply Co. and Sunglass Hut
– Hudson Nonstop and a Hudson travel convenience store
– Minute Suites, which is a unique concept where passengers can rent out a private room for a quiet escape
– SLC Public Market, a convenience and local specialty store with a theme based around Salt Lake’s Farmer’s Market
– Utah Jazz Pro Shop.
The New SLC Phase 2 has been designed for 19 new retail and restaurant spaces totalling 23,873 square feet, many of which will be ACDBE-certified businesses.
The New SLC Phase 2 encompasses a 22-gate extension of Concourse A to the east.
The first four Delta Air Lines’ gates will open in spring 2023, followed by 18 Delta gates in the fall 2023. Phase 2 concessions are slated to open in fall 2023.