Brisbane Airport enjoys busiest day since pre-pandemic traffic highs
Brisbane Airport has experienced its busiest day since before the start of the global pandemic, with 65,000 passengers today passing through its Domestic and International terminals.
“This is great news for Queensland and the recovery of tourism across the State,” enthused Gert-Jan de Graaff, the CEO of operator, Brisbane Airport Corporation.
“Right now, the terminals are buzzing with Queensland a key destination for Australians seeking a dose of winter sun, and this is driving tourism and jobs across the state.
“Despite the record numbers, our terminals have been calm and we have to thank the travelling public who are arriving 90-minutes prior to domestic flight and three-hours before international travel.”
In facts and figures:
– 57,000 travelled through the domestic terminal today
– 8,000 passengers used the international terminal today
– 5 of the top 10 days this year so far have been in the past 11 days, all during July
– Top International destinations include Bali, Fiji and Europe
– Popular domestic destinations include Cairns, Townsville and the Whitsundays
Events continue to drive interstate travel to Brisbane with Wednesday’s State of Origin decider attracting NRL fans.